Animal Transportation Policy
South Central Transit does allow for transportation of animals, other than service animals (service dog), if the client has complied with the following requirements:
- When scheduling the ride the client informs dispatching/scheduling that an animal will be brought on the bus.
- The animal is in a pet taxi or an approved, secure carrier.
- The client will be solely responsible for loading and unloading the animal into the carrier and onto the SCT vehicle. Removal of the animal from the SCT vehicle after reaching the destination point.
- The client will be solely responsible for cleaning up after the animal.
- The client follows the driver’s instructions regarding the animal’s transportation.
- At no time will any animal other than a service animal, be transported without being in an approved, secured containment device.
Service animals will be required to remain on the floor and out of the aisle area of the bus. The client utilizing the service animal will be responsible for the conduct of the service animal.