Curb-to-curb service is provided unless door-to-door service is requested. Curb-to-Curb service is provided to passengers who have purchased a discounted monthly pass, and/or daily fare clients. With curb-to-curb service, the SCT vehicle stops at the curb for passenger pick-ups and deliveries. SCT driver will assist passengers boarding and de-boarding the vehicle as long as passenger has requested assistance.
Customers must call 1-800-660-7433 a minimum of one day in advance to schedule transportation. SCT will not guarantee reservations taken past 3:30 P.M. the day before service is required. Customers receiving same-day service will pay “same-day service” fare of $5.00 per trip inside city limits of cities served. Same day service outside city limits, please contact the dispatching department for additional information.
The dispatcher will not be responsible for confirming appointments with doctors, etc. A pick-up or delivery time may be adjusted by the dispatcher/scheduler, if necessary, in order to maintain efficiency; therefore, riders are encouraged to be ready 15 minutes prior to a scheduled pick-up time. Drivers will wait no longer than five (5) minutes past arrival time before proceeding.
How to schedule a ride with South Central Transit
Please call either 618-532-8076, 618-242-0202 or 800-660-7433
- Passengers first and last name and please inform the scheduler of the following; any children that will be riding with you, any aide that will be riding with you and any special needs that you may have that we should be aware of such as mobility device lift assistance, seeing eye animal, oxygen, etc.
- Address of pick up location
- Name and Address of location you want to go to
- Time you wished to be picked up or if appointment please let the schedulerknow at the time of the call.
- 24 hour advance scheduling notice is preferred for all trips except medical. This will avoid “Same Day Service Fees”
- A maximum of 2 weeks advanced scheduling is available for your convenience.
Scheduling Hours- Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
After dialing, follow the voice prompts.