Bus advertising has grown in popularity over the past few years. As its popularity has increased, new advertisers have begun to explore this medium to include in their marketing plan.
1. Select the Cities/Routes
Bus advertising is available is almost in every city that has a bus system. And most cities across the country have a bus system. Bus ads are available in large, medium and small size cities.
2. Pick the Bus Ad Formats
Various formats for both exterior and interior of buses are available for advertising.
3. Calculate a Budget
This is one of the most important steps, because it will determine the ad formats. Marketing experts generally recommend to allocate about 10% of a company’s total annual revenue to advertising. Of that amount, dedicate about 30% to outdoor advertising, of which 40% should go to bus advertising. Although each organization’s budget will be different, it’s important to realize that a certain amount is suggested to see results.
4. Choose a Start Date and Advertising Duration
Pick a start date that starts right before the lauch of a new product or service and/or coincides with the beginning of other advertising formats (e.g., radio ads). It’s always good to book the bus ad space early because space tends to sell out. The third and fourth quarters usually sell out the fastest, while the first and second quarters are generally more available.
Remember to also choose an advertising duration. The mininum duration is 4 weeks, while the recommended duration is 12 weeks. The recommended duration has been proven to show better results for most advertisers.
5. Contact SCT for a Free Quote and Availability
Congratulations on completing the first four steps. The final step is to contact us to get a quote and check on availability. Just call Sherri Bassen at 618, 532-8076, ext. 135 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.