Child Monthly Pass
MONTHLY PASSES ARE VALID FOR PRESCHEDULED TRANSPORTATION ONLY!
**Please note; if the due dates fall on a weekend or holiday, payment will be due the business day after.
Payment can be made to any SCT facility office. You may make the payment in person between the hours of 8:00am –5:00pm, Monday-Friday at SCT’s transportation center in Centralia located at 100 N Locust Street or if you are in Mt. Vernon , you may make the payment at 15178 North Illinois Highway 37. Please call the Mt. Vernon office first before going to the office at 242-0240. This is to make sure someone will be in the office when you arrive. SCT drivers will accept payment for passes.
You may also mail your payment to: South Central Transit, 100 N Locust St, Centralia, IL 62801
*Passes run only from the 1st business day of the month to the last business day of the month.
SCT now accepts debit/credit cards at the Centralia Transportation Center for your convenience. Sorry, no over the phone payments will be accepted. We also offer money cards for purchase if you do not want to purchase a monthly pass. Money cards can be purchased in the denomination of your choosing and presented upon boarding to the driver for payment.
Children with passes will have priority seating over children who pay as they board. In order for your child to be a subscription service, the child must be picked up and dropped off at the same location on a regular basis. If your child’s pick-up and/or drop-off location changes frequently, a parent/guardian MUST call in those trips on a bi-weekly basis. We do not accept written monthly schedules, and we do not guarantee that your child will be to school in time for breakfast or deliv- ered home after other children.
- SCT requires a parent/guardian to come to our office to complete a registration form, including emergency phone numbers and work numbers. Children cannot fill out the form.
- Children whose parents purchase a pass can be on the permanent schedule for the month. Parents do not need to call everyday to ensure pick-up and/or delivery of their child. However, if parents require that their child be picked-up or delivered to a different location, the parent must call 24 hours in advance to make ar- rangements. For the safety of all concerned, SCT cannot rely on the child’s word that they are to be taken to a different location. Your child will be taken to the designated delivery location that you select when purchasing the monthly pass or paying regular fare unless prior notification is received in the sched- uling office by the PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN.
- The only person allowed to make any changes to a child’s schedule will be the parents/legal guardians this includes, change of pick-up/drop-off location, cancellation, or scheduling. For safety reasons a parent or legal guardian must contact the SCT office for the above. If you have special circumstances, please let us know. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify SCT of any changes in pick-up or drop-off locations, cancellations, school closure, or school early dismissal.
4. It may be necessary for pick-up/delivery times to be adjusted in order to maintain efficiency; therefore chil- dren are encouraged to be ready 15 minutes prior to their scheduled pick-up time. Children should be visi- ble to the driver when the bus stops and should board the bus immediately. If the child is not visible to the driver once he/she stops, the bus will continue on to the next pick-up site. Children must board the bus at school in a timely manner. Please be sure to notify the school that your child will be rid- ing the SCT bus so there is no confusion on the school’s end. If the child misses the bus, other ar- rangements must then be made for the child’s transportation by the parents. SCT will not return to the school for children who have missed the bus.
5. SCT appreciates your business and support. Please call at least 2-hours prior to scheduled pick-up time to cancel your child’s pick-up or delivery. During non-business hours, SCT has a voice mail system, you can leave the name of child and the day or days you are canceling. If there are any changes in your child’s schedule, you must speak to a live operator during normal business hours. SCT cares very much about your child’s comfort and safety and it is our policy to do everything possible to ensure that your child’s transportation needs are met. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify SCT of any changes in pick-up or drop-off locations, cancellations, school closure, or school early dis- missal.
6. Excessive cancellations and/or no shows may result in termination of transportation services.**Please Note: We do track the number of cancellations and no shows for each stu- dent. Excessive cancellations and no shows could result in termination of services.SCT provides curb-to-curb service which means the SCT driver will not escort your child to/from the bus. SCT will not be responsible for the child after he/she has exited the bus; therefore, please make any necessary arrangements to ensure the presence of an adult at your child’s designated deliv- ery location. Failure of an adult not being present when your child is dropped off, will result in termi- nation of services. Any indication that a child is being dropped off at a location where no one is home and the doors are locked blocking access to the home, will result in immediate termi- nation of services.
SCT reserves the right to determine the location of pick-up /drop-off in the event of unsafe con- ditions and load limitations of vehicles. If your child is dropped off at the end of a street, SCT is not responsible for your child after he/she exits the bus.South Central Transit Drivers
All SCT drivers are required to hold a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and are properly trained in all areas of passenger assistance, safety and emergency techniques. Driving records are checked prior to employment and background checks inquiries of each driver are completed through the State of Illi- nois. Drivers are required to take a physical and under go drug screening before they begin training. All drivers are required to wear SCT uniforms and I.D. badges. All vehicles are maintained to the highest degree of safety and are insured in excess of state and federal requirements.
Register Your Child